20 February 2014

Lately


We've spent a lot of days home with that little cow poke lately. Last week we battled another round of illness. I would have given anything for your run-of-the-mill cold, but no, we got hit with a skin infection.

What started as hand foot and mouth turned into herpetic eczema. You can see remnants of it on Sam's hands in the photo. It's a rare disease, potentially very serious. Luckily we caught it early. Also lucky for us, it coincided with snow days.

I woke up last Wednesday with my very own case of HFM. That night, out of desperation, I asked my mom to come save us. She flew in on Sunday and has been taking great care of us!

Back to work and school. Hoping we can stay healthy until, like, March.

How have you been lately?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds pretty scary! Glad your little one is doing a lot better, and hope you are getting better too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I didn't even know adults could get HFM. But I have heard it's a nightmare. So sorry you guys had to battle it. Hope you are all on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! So glad it was caught early and thankful your mom could come help out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!