01 April 2010

DI4Y

Amanda from A Lovely Place to Land is kicking off DI4Y month and I am so excited to be joining her!

lovely place button

I recently found her blog and have just fell in love with her message for using our talents and gifts to share the love of Christ.

During the month of April, Amanda will be using her talents to serve the girls at Hope Hill Children's Home. Read more about it here. She recently decorated a few suitcases for the girls...she needs 50 suitcases for 50 special girls. She suggested that one way to help the girls of Hope is to e-mail her notes of encouragement that she could put in the suitcases. My mom and I spent the evening stamping and writing a message to the girls encouraging them to find hope in what is to come.

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." Psalm 62:5


How can you help the girls of Hope? How can you use your talents to serve others? How can you use your creativity to spread the love and word of Jesus?

For more information on how you can get involved in DI4U visit Amanda's blog and the DI4Y website.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my word! how fun that you and your mom got to work together to bless those girl's hearts. i too have a special relationship with my mom and love crafting with her.

    I'm sure your cards will be much appreciated and your efforts rewarded with many smiles and blessed hearts :)
    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome Laura (and so are you)! :) I hope that you are having a fun time visiting with your Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!