04 November 2009

Dragging

I have been feeling pretty down lately. Tired, overwhelmed, dry.

"But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them giving them eternal life." John 4:14

I read that verse this morning in my inbox and felt a little bit of hope...but then I remembered all the stuff I have to do today. You know the feeling, after day light savings time, that it's getting dark really early and it's starting to get cold, and nature is dying outside and all you want to do is sleep?  That's how I feel. I want to crawl into bed, pull the covers over my head, and sleep until March. Or at least until Saturday.

I feel like I've been working so much and not feeling like I'm getting anything accomplished. Yesterday I worked 8-4, fiddled in the apartment and took a nap until 5:30, kissed my husband and told him I took out chicken so he could make his dinner, and went back to work at 5:45, came home at 8, ate macaroni and cheese for dinner, and crashed.

I think my body has turned against me. I've consisted of a diet of candy, beer, and popcorn and am starting to feel the affects. It's wanting good food, things that grew in the ground or on a tree, things that I make and not simply take prepared from a box.

Maybe next week will hold better food and more time with my husband. This week, however, is a lost cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!