18 January 2010

Bedroom

We're settled into our new home getting ready to start another semester. I absolutely hate moving and trying to find new places for all the stuff we own. What I have enjoyed is decorating our new place and making another hall coordinator apartment feel like home.

Here's what we've done in the bedroom. I really wanted a relaxing, calm space where we can go after a long day. I love the colors (soft beige, white, and green).

Our bed had to go in the corner since the room isn't wide enough for the bed to go anywhere else. We also put it on risers for maximum storage. I didn't think I'd like sleeping in the corner, but with the light shining through the windows (something we didn't have in our old place), I feel like a queen in my high corner bed.

This is opposite our bed. We finally have a place for my favorite lamp.

These have to be my favorite hobby lobby finds. We have a bird theme in our bedroom and bathroom. Yes, those are 3M strips holding them on the wall. Don't judge. When you live for free in a residence hall, you have a limited number of options.

I painted this bulletin board hot pink when I was in high school. It followed me to college, then to grad school, and until last semester, was in my office. I painted the border green and used tacks to attach pretty fabric to the cork board surface. Now it holds my growing jewelry collection (that's what happens when you make your own).

The pictures in the corner resulted from bathroom art screw up part 2. I redid them for the bedroom.
My finished artwork hangs on a long wall opposite the dresser. I love how it turned out.

I love our bedroom so much, I never want to get out of bed. Maybe I shouldn't have made it so relaxing!

2 comments:

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!