05 January 2010

Mexican Hot Chocolate



For friends this Christmas I made Mexican Hot Chocolate mix (Sandra Lee's recipe).
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch cayenne pepper
3 cups hot cocoa mix

Directions
Combine all ingredients and place in a collectible/re-useable canister with instructions.
Instructions read: "Blend 1/2 cup mix with 1 cup steaming hot whole milk. Stir and enjoy".

I decorated the top of the mix with little chocolate candies and Kyle wrote some cute little labels that I attached with bright ribbon. They turned out pretty (and hopefully tasty). The recipe called for a pinch of cayenne...I put a couple hearty shakes. Did you make handmade gifts this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!