08 January 2010

Pineapple Upside Down Cake


Ingredients:
2/3 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 can pineapple slices
Maraschino cherries
1 box yellow cake mix

- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Place butter and sugar in frying pan and melt until bubbly. Place pineapples and cherries in the butter and sugar mixture.
- In the meantime, prepare yellow cake batter and pour over the pineapples and cherries.
- Bake at 350 degrees. When cake is done, loosen edges with butter knife. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Then turn upside down on a serving dish.

I know this is super easy (and that I kind of cheat since I use cake from a box), but as a baking amateur, I love that this cake turns out perfect every single time.

In the picture, my cake is sitting on my new cake plate. It is a cake plate, punch bowl, and appetizer tray all in one!

My next mission is to use my Kitchen Aid mixer. I finally have a place to put it in my kitchen. Now I just need to find the time to put it to work!

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to try this! It sounds easy, and it looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe.
    Tabatha

    ReplyDelete
  2. use that kitchen aid, girlfriend! it will change your life, i promise!!! LOVE mine to the moon and back :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!