12 March 2010

Blog Swap- A Vision to Remember

I'm so excited to be swapping blogs with Bobbie today. She has such great ideas and I love reading her blog! Leave some love for her here, and when you're done, come visit me over at A Vision to Remember.
***
I am Bobbie from A Vision to Remember. I love to create all kinds of things...make sure to come on over and check out my blog to see Laura's Tutorial. It is awesome.

Thank you Laura for swapping blogs with me today. I am so excited to be sharing with your readers my SIMPLE creation.

Me and my 4 year old created this little wonder today. I have not thrown away any of the jars of formula from the baby. There are so many things that you could do with these cans.

Here is how we did it:

For the lid I cut out a circle a little bit smaller than the lid. Then I used my finger to "emboss" the outline of the lid. It was really simple, and then I had an outline for the lid.




Then I cut it out and hot glued it onto the lid (notice it is not perfect, but you will cover that up later. Then I cut out a small rectangular hole out of the lid with my exacto knife.
Then I measured the height of the can and cut the paper and hot glued it onto the can. It took 2 strips of paper to cover the entire can
Then we embellished the can with some flowers and some letters and some ribbon.


To finish off the lid, I hot glued ribbon around the outer edge of the lid. Tied a bow out of the same ribbon and glued it onto the lid. Embellished the lid with a couple of flowers and buttons.
And Voila! You have a fun little can for endless possibilities.


Thanks for looking and I hope to see you over at my blog or even my etsy shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!