(found here...this is where i'll be spending my weekend, at home sweet home)
Oh how the weeks fly by! I look forward to my weekends because it's when I get to spend some alone time at home creating, reflecting, cleaning, and praying...all the things that give me energy for the week.
How do you spend your weekends? May I offer a few suggestions?
- Write some love letters. Think of 5 people who you love but haven't kept in touch with. Take some time this weekend to write them a thoughtful, snail-mail letter. Better yet, create a handmade card and send a little smile!
- Create with what you have. Pull out some craft supplies and put them together in new and interesting ways. Steer clear of the craft store. Instead, if you don't have the perfect item, get creative and improvise.
- Pull out your cookbooks. Experiment with a new style or culture of cooking. Challenge yourself to use ingredients that might be foreign to you. Try something difficult and see how it goes (and if you're like me, anything outside of boiling water is difficult).
- Deep clean. Pick one section/element of your house and clean it well. For me, that area is the shower. I dread cleaning it, but love it when it sparkles. Get out the gloves and the elbow grease. And let's face it, there are few smells better than the smell of clean.
- Pray. If you are a Jesus type of gal, spend some time talking to Him. Talk with Him about the past week and your concerns for the week to come. Process through struggles and ask Him to hold your hand if things are particularly rough. Thank Him for celebrations and be encouraged that He gets even more joy out of your accomplishments than you do.
As for me, my weekend holds a lot. The Etsy store is coming along and I hope to have items in there by the end of Sunday. I will also be sharing your Etsy advice here next week (it's been fabulous...thank you!). I would love to take a bike ride with my hubby. And of course, there's always laundry.
I hope you have a wonderful and productive weekend!