27 September 2010

Time with the Girls

source
Kyle and I have been getting more involved in our church and we are loving the things God is doing in our hearts as we connect with Jesus' people.

One way that we've been getting more involved is by helping with our new campus ministry. A few weeks ago, the students introduced college women's and college men's bible studies, and said that the women's was still looking for a place to meet. Since Kyle has late class Tuesday nights so we offered our apartment.

Last week we met and the women spent the first 10 minutes meandering through our hall coordinator apartment, amazed that we didn't live in a dorm room. They were so sweet and told me how cozy our home was...I sure to do entertaining

We had tea and spent time in the word of God.

The Lord is my light and my salvation- whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid?..
One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord.
Psalm 27: 1, 4


I love seeing Jesus through the eye's of college students. In some ways I have so much to share with them, yet in many ways, I just sit and listen and realize how much I have to learn.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14



2 comments:

  1. that is so encouraging! i love your commitment to your campus ministry as a college student who has wonderful (somewhat) older women involved in my church as well!

    Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
    Proverbs 31:30

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!