This is what inspires Annie from Wattlebird.
To be completely honest, trying to pin down "what inspires me" is tough. It's not that I'm uninspired. In fact, I get inspired rather easily - I'm almost always inspired by something. But every once in awhile, I do get that "blah" feeling where the creativity is just not happening. Of course, it always happens at a really inconvenient time. But I have a few things I usually do when this happens, so I thought I'd share them with you in the hopes it might help you the next time you're feeling uninspired or "blah."
If you know where this image is from, let me know.
- take a walk
- browse through my fabric, yarn, and other craft supplies
- read blogs
- search flickr or tumblr for photography or design projects
- do some online "window" shopping on etsy, anthropologie, or modcloth
- head to a craft store and have a look around
- clean my workspace
- watch a movie
- read Real Simple, ReadyMade, or Bust Magazine
- look through old family photos
- start writing in stream of consciousness (rambling with no point or direction)
- go thrifting
What do you do when you're feeling unmotivated and uninspired?