21 March 2011

Praying for Each Other

Each Monday I will be posting prayer requests so that we can hold one another up and pray for each other throughout the week. 

 You can e-mail your prayers requests to me at iamalongfortheride[@]gmail[.]com. Feel free to e-mail today and I can add them. If you e-mail me throughout the week, I will post them next Monday.


Liz: I haven't told many people because I was raised in a Christian home and believe that marriage is sacred and worth fighting for, but my husband and I are on the brink of divorce.  We have two small children and, in my mind keeps ringing again and again that the most critical years in a child's life are the years up to 6, and I fear that the failure of our marriage will have everlasting impact on their little spirits and lives.  I also can't seem to deny the truth in "it's better to come from a broken home, then to live in one".  We are in need of a miracle, and nothing shy of God's help will change our current situation and the path we are headed down.  I cry as I write this email, not in mourning for myself ....or even my marriage...but because I love our children so much and fear that I will hurt them in some way and there is nothing in life I'd ever want to do that would crush them.  I am so torn between knowing that my husband and I will be happier people if we weren't together and fearing that we will hurt our children if we split.  I know you have already posted your prayer requests for Monday, but will you please lift our family up in prayer? 

Amanda: Thanks for prayer last week for my tooth, we did a temporary fix to get me out of pain, we'll talk about a permanent solution on the 29th. Please pray for us to have the discernment needed to make a decision by Wednesday of this week.

Emmy: I would love prayer for our family as we prepare for my cousin's funeral this Friday. He was a 35 yo father of 3+1 on the way. Also, we found out the day he died that his mom has a very aggressive blood cancer. Our family certainly needs comfort now!

MariaI would just ask if you would pray for me because I'm hoping to find a new job within the coming year.

KatrinaMy teenage sister is going through "is this 'my' faith or my parents faith time in her life. I'm actually going through a little rough time right now and could just use an extra measure of God's grace, mercy and peace in the next couple weeks.

Melanie: Please pray that the boy in my life may find his way to Christ.

Roy: What a wonderful thing you are doing for hosting a prayer request. I ask for prayer for my twelve year old daughter Joli who is having surgery later today at Children's Hospital in Columbus, Oh. She has a blockage, and gets infections from the blockage, and the surgery today will help her so much. Please pray for her and my husband and I as we know God will be looking over her but we are still a lil frightened by it all.

BethWe pray that Keegan's MRI on May 12 (one year from his tumor resection date) shows better results with no evidence of cancer remaining. We pray that he continues to do with in PT, OT and speech. Beginning to crawl and talk like most babies his age. We also pray that the cancer stays away and our lord puts his healing hand upon Keegan and keep cancer away from his little body so he can grow up to do wonderful things in this world.


AdrienneI am looking for direction. I feel as if every way I turn is blocked. I am trying but I do not know what to do or which way I should turn. So please pray for me to find a direction, and a path and to make my way clear to me. 

Me: I have two students in particular who are dealing with some very difficult mental illness issues. Please pray for these two women that they can find peace in Jesus.


 

3 comments:

  1. I wanted you to know I am so glad I found your blog. Not only are you incredibly talented (I love your Etsy shop!) but your faith and courage to show your faith astounds me. I will add these prayers to my prayers today.
    Thank you for doing this, and for sharing your faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura - this is amazing! I will be praying for everyone this week. You are always an inspiration to me and I know I can stop by for my daily remindings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post really lifted me up. Not the fact that there are so many needs, but knowing the people from all over will lift each other up to the Father. This is more than a blogging community, it is a movement. Thank you for initiating this. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!