03 March 2011

Shops I Adore: Pretty Things by Meg

There are just so many gorgeous handmade shops out there that I want to start sharing some of my favorites with you. Those shops that catch my eye, make me happy, bring a smile to my face.
Simply, shops that I adore.

***



I feel in love with Meg's ruffle necklaces right away! All the colors! They're simple with a touch of quirkiness.

Of course this one's my favorite (I love gray!)


Meg has a huge variety of gorgeous and unique jewelry.


What is the story behind your shop name?

Not much of a story really! I needed a name pronto and I didn't want something pretentious, so instead I decided on something very simple and straightforward, thus Pretties by Meg :) I left out the word jewelry just in case I wanted to broaden the types of handmade items available in my shop somewhere down the line; I didn't want to ever feel constricted by my shop name.

What inspires you to create?

I am inspired by a deep-rooted, overwhelming desire within me to create, that I believe was given to be by my Creator. I am also inspired by fashion, design and home decor (among other things).

What can be found in your shop?

COLORful and unique vintage-meets-modern jewelry (earrings and necklaces). I tend toward metals with an antiqued finish and like mixing new beads (and fabric) with old to create eclectic, one-of-a-kind pieces.

What is one word to describe your work?

Vintern. Never heard of it? That's because it was a word created by my hubby to descrive my style (vintage + modern). :)

I think your style is just perfect! I adore Meg just as much as I adore her shop!


 

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE her ruffle necklaces too! Can't wait to buy one when I have some money...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower. Please feel free to follow me back at www.jessielynnsmith.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Meg's stuff!! I just ordered two necklaces from her last week and I can not wait to get them and wear them!!!! I love ruffles!! :)
    She is such a sweetheart and so extremely talented!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog so much! Its such an encouragement. Glad to have stumbled on this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love :) Also LOVE your blog's new look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!