02 May 2011

Praying for Each Other


Each Monday I will be posting prayer requests so that we can hold one another up and pray for each other throughout the week.

You can e-mail your prayers requests to me at iamalongfortheride[@]gmail[.]com. Feel free to e-mail today and I can add them. If you e-mail me throughout the week, I will post them next Monday.


Gemma: I would like to request prayer for my friends father who has been diagnosed with lung cancer which is very advanced.  As a result of their illness they have lost their sight and are not able to work or have a standard of life that we often take for granted.  Please pray for healing for him from the cancer and that his eyesight will be restored and also for strength and courage for his wife and children. In Jesus'name, Amen. 

Kate: I would also like to request prayer for all of the affected areas of Alabama and the southeast. I lived in Tuscaloosa for 4 years, and it is my husband's hometown. While we are very blessed that our friends and family are accounted for and well, there are so many people who have lost everything. It will take months and probably years to repair the physical damage to the cities hit by the tornadoes. Please pray for healing for those who have lost so much!

Vivienne: My friend Erin (who is 41 with 2 young children) was just diagnosed with malignant melanoma.  They are waiting for the results as to whether or not it has metastasized.  Please pray for her complete healing and protection from the melanoma that can lie in wait and grab her 5 or 10 years from now.


My sister Monica is on a destructive path where her drinking has cost her her job and is about to cost her her marriage.  She has turned her back on God and says "it doesn't work for her." I am praying that God softens her heart and that she will eventually find that He is all she needs.



PaigeMy hometown area of DeKalb County, AL as well as the city I have called home for 3 years, Tuscaloosa, AL are both in shambles. I moved out of my apartment 5 days before the tornado struck Praise the Lord because where my apartment once stood there is now only a pile of rubble.  The school I worked at was one of the most heavily hit areas.  7 of my students are still unaccounted for.  Many more in the community are still missing as well.  Many families in this area had very little to begin with, and nothing now.  Entire families lived in this community and ALL homes were destroyed leaving them with no other place to go.  My hometown is in shambles, and although it is an area where funds are not plentiful, the human spirit is.  Many lives were lost, schools, homes, and churches destroyed but we still have Faith.  It is amazing to see areas come together and raise each other up.  Our God is greater and will help us all.  Just continue to pray for ALL the needs. 

Me:
1. Continue to pray for healing for my mother and grandmother
2. Pray for our men and women in the service. That the Lord protects them in the line of duty and blesses the work they are doing. 
3. Pray for the victims of the victims of the horrible weather lately. Where I'm from, so many town have been ravaged by tornadoes and flooding. Pray that the Lord provides for the families who have been affected. Pray for a quick rebuilding and for protection against future storms. Pray that individuals will find strength and courage that can only come from the Lord.
4. Pray for married couples, especially those who are struggling in their relationships. Pray for honest communication, strength to endure struggles, and a heart to forgive.


2 comments:

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!