06 June 2011

Praying for Each Other


Each Monday I will be posting prayer requests so that we can hold one another up and pray for each other throughout the week.

You can e-mail your prayers requests to me at iamalongfortheride[@]gmail[.]com. Feel free to e-mail today and I can add them. If you e-mail me throughout the week, I will post them next Monday.


Jill: My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's last week, which was no surprise to us.  We've been "dealing" with her memory loss issues for months now.  My Dad also has health needs and having them alone together is not a good combination, but getting them to get help is difficult.  Please pray for wisdom for us as we find ways to get care for my parents!

Sarah: My prayer request is that I may have a better attitude. I've been down in the dumps for the last week and can't seem to get out.

Camille: I'd love a prayer for my health to return this week!

Miranda: The first prayer request is for my uncle, David Wilkinson. Earlier in the week, he started to have some pain in his abdomen, and on Saturday morning, the doctor found a malignant tumor in his colon. He had surgery this morning, and fortunately it went better than expected... but he now has the long journey of recovery and chemo. I know that my family and uncle would definitely appreciate prayers during this time. In the past year and a half, he has come to know Christ, and he has so much hope for how God will use this in his life and the lives of others... so that is definitely a praise!
Also, my parents are going through a horrible divorce after 37 years of marriage, and the past year has been very trying on my mom, sister, and me. Sparing you some of the not-so-fun details, suffice it to say my dad has left our family, relapsed into addiction, etc., and the trial is coming up. My mom and little sister have really been struggling with the abandonment, and I would love some wonderful healing prayers for my family as well as prayers for the strength and calms nerves for my mom during the trial. Also, my dad doesn't have a relationship with God, and with some of the things he has been involved with lately, it seems like it would take a miracle for him to find God... but that's what I'm praying for!

Me: Today is my mom's 4th chemo treatment. Only 2 more to go after today!! Please pray for her body and her spirits and ask the Lord to strengthen her every day.

The Lord uses our struggles, each and every one of them, to bring us closer to Him. I pray that in the midst of hardship, we can cling to God and know we are eternally and perfectly loved by Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!