I have found that God is often in the little things. In the delicate things. In the things we sometimes overlook. In the challenges that make us stronger.
I have found God in many, many things and people and situations.
Where have you found God?
Like most of us, we can find God every day in all the ways He blesses us.
[Here's a post that I wrote for my friend Jami's blog that I thought I'd share with you.]
The Lord has blessed me in so many ways, and it's a bit overwhelming trying to sum up all that I'm thankful for.
So I'll do what I do best ... I'll make a list.
- I'm thankful for Him. That is provision is bountiful. That is love is unending. And that the life he offers is everlasting. He is my all.
- I'm thankful for the husband that the Lord sent my way. We complete each other in strange and funny and wonderful ways and each day I fall more and more in love with him.
- I'm thankful for our parents. For moms and dads who love us without condition and who have shown me and Kyle generosity that we can never pay back. We can only pay forward and show through the example of our lives the kind of son and daughter they raised.
- I'm thankful for my job and the joy I get in teaching, and mentoring, and living life with college students (literally living with them ... I do this).
- I'm thankful for my talents and my creativity. Some of my favorite times are spent building something, gluing something, creating something beautiful that wasn't there before.
Recently I saw a quote that said "What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?"
Well, what if that were to happen to me tomorrow; if I woke up with only the things I thanked God for today. I confess that I don't think I'd wake up with very much.
How do you find time to reflect on those things you're thankful for? In what ways do you thank God for the things He has blessed you with, the things that really matter?
I used to keep a gratitude journal. I think I started back when Oprah talked about it. It was cool then. Well, I think I need to dust it off and spend some serious time in thought and prayer.
Our lives are full of joy and blessings. Whatever situations we find ourselves in, we can find those things, big or little, that are purely and utterly gifts from God.
"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built in Him, strengthened in the faith you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." 2 Colossians 6-7
[Over the next few weeks, I'll have lots of wonderful women guest posting about where they find God in their day-to-day lives. If you've emailed me with an interest in writing, I haven't forgotten about you! I will be putting together a schedule and emailing you soon.]