07 December 2011

On Journaling: Kassie's Story



Hi, I'm Kassie. I blog over at K plus J equals love and journaling is a passion of mine.

I've journaled since I was in elementary school. Back then I journaled about things like a boy I liked or what was happening at school, but as I grew older it changed. I became a christian my senior year of high school and that's when my journals became my place of prayer. I didn't ever really think much about this... my journaling being my prayers, but this became very important to me especially during my college years. To say my college years were hard is an understatement. They were painful and there were many times when I wanted to give up and end it all. That's why these journals are important... because they were my way to speak to God. I could go to a blank page and write it all down, get it all out. I wrote a lot about what was happening... a relationship that for years tore my heart into pieces, bad choices I was making and how I wanted to be better, friendships that were falling apart even though I desperately didn't want them too. I just put my pen to paper and wrote. It was nice to have a safe place to let it all out. I really felt like I was connecting with God that way. I was being open with Him and processing with Him that way. 
(I went through all these but one in college)

I still do this. Its different though because there isn't so much pain in my writing. I write for the same reasons though- to pray and to process with God. 

Here's a glimpse of what it looks like inside my journal:

"God, I know You know whats coming and whats going to happen in our lives. Why do I worry so much when You're the one in control? I know You're not going to cause us harm but that You'll take care of us, like you always have. Help me remember that."

***

The winner of the anthro journal is Ann from vegAnn. I'm emailing you right now.

***
Check out the other entries in the On Journaling series.

1 comment:

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!