06 April 2012

One Year Ago Today...

Taken from my mom's Facebook,

"A year ago today I started treatment for breast cancer. Since then I've had 6 chemo treatments, 17 additional drug treatments, 2 surgeries, 36 radiation treatments, and lost all of my hair. Today I am happy, healthy, disease free, and have a new head of curly hair. It's amazing how much can happen in a year!"

To which I promptly replied,

"I've never been more proud to be your daughter."

What a year it's been. A year that's taught me the true value and meaning of our precious lives, what it means to really bring the prayers of your heart to the Lord, and what a grateful spirit really looks like.


6 comments:

  1. wow I didn't realize you'd been going through that!! I can't imagine. so gla to hear she's healthy. I bet that would hange your perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! God is so good. We have a dear friend going through chemo right now, it's amazing the strength and joy God gives those who are doing through trials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rejoicing with you in the healing of your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Laura. Prayers that your mama stays healthy. And thanks for your help earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing what journeys the Lord brings us through. So inspiring to read your mother's post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!