07 May 2012

Featured Ad: Sand and Starfish

I am so excited for you to meet Stephanie from Sand and Starfish. Yes her blog and shop are beautiful, but what I love most about Stephanie is her heart for the Lord!
***

When I wake up in the morning, there are several things that usually run through my mind... is the kiddo hungry, do the dogs need to go out, are there orders waiting to be packaged, do I really feel like doing another load of laundry today? But the one thought that I love, that helps me focus all day long, the one thought that really gets me back to where I need to be is this:



This verse is so powerful. Do it all, every thing no matter how big or small, do it for Him. Package those orders with love because He gave me that love for what I creative. Feed that kiddo something nutritious because He loves her just as much as I do. Fold those clothes while singing, "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!" because He truly is the one who provided for me and my family. Do it all...

And it's not easy. Oh no ma'am it's not. There are days when people are just down right rude, or the dogs have dug yet another hole to who knows where in the yard, or I'm just so exhausted that I don't even want to move. But on those days, He gives strength. You can always choose to be positive and push through.


I had the amazing experience of getting baptized last year. I was 28. It took me 28 years but it was all in His time. It opened my eyes to the life I had lived and the life that He had truly destined for me to have. I was able to forgive. I was able to create. I was able to grow. But it was also a really difficult thing to do. My blog, my shop, my safe havens... I closed them down. It just wasn't right to pour my heart into something that wasn't what He intended me to do. The Lord has always been such a big part of my life but for some reason, I didn't let him be a part of those. So I closed the shop and invited Him to take His place in it all and then I waited. I waited for His direction. When I reopened, I sold nothing that was in the shop before. People requested old items... and as easy as it would have been to give in, it wasn't what I felt was right.

So I took the old, and made something new and it felt wonderful! I was making and creating things I didn't plan on making, with things I didn't plan on using. The love that I have for the things I do create is so passionate and my heart just overflows with joy for them. And I honestly believe that it's because I do them for His glory.

If you can take anything away from this, please, let it be that when life is lived with your thoughts and actions for God, amazing wonderful crazy things will happen.

Let's connect and be friends!! I blog here, and I'm on twitter and facebook as well! I'd love to connect with you, even if it is just through a screen! Thank you so much Laura for allowing me to open up and share a little bit of what makes me, and Sand & Starfish, special!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!