23 June 2012

A New Adventure

A few things these past two weeks have taught me.

God is good.
So good.

Life comes at you fast.
So fast.

The Lord has provided an amazing job for my husband in Winston-Salem, North Carolina and we will be moving in just a few short weeks. I can't believe we moved to Missouri three years ago barely married, and we're leaving expecting our first little baby.

But in the meantime, since I run a residence hall and live in the residence hall and they're replacing me, I needed to get the heck out. I was given just a few days to pack up the apartment-- while being 5 months pregnant and with my husband gone until Monday house hunting.

I turn over the keys Wednesday morning. Kyle comes back Monday night. Needless to say I have been a bit stressed. We have amazing friends, however, and in just under 24 hours (with a bit of work done last week), we're all packed.

I've been so worried about this little baby. I haven't been lifting anything, don't you worry. But I have been under a lot of stress and not eating real well. I've lost a few pounds and all those worries are just creeping back in.

But as I sit here alone and surrounded by boxes, his tiny kicks make me feel better. That everything will be ok.

[Oh, and I ate better today-- and treated myself to two ice cream bars-- they were small.]


1 comment:

  1. What a busy time for you ... exciting and stressful I'm sure. Hang in there! Take some time to put your feet up and relax while the Lord makes His way for you :) Hugs and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!