18 July 2012

Onward

These past few days have been full of goodbyes, reflection, and still more packing as we hit the road to North Carolina early this morning.

I can't believe it's already been three years since we got married, packed up our lives (and much less stuff), and started out as newlyweds in Missouri. And here we are, leaving the residence hall coordinator life, and starting out for our new house (that we own and pay for, eek!), Kyle starting a new job in two weeks, and a baby on the way. God is so good!

Goodbyes are also bittersweet, but as my hubby says, "onward," our new adventure awaits.

As we travel these next few days (and I see a town and house that I've only seen in pictures), can I ask for a few prayers?

- for safe travels on a long journey
- for baby D, that we both stay calm, hydrated, and don't have to make too many trips to the bathroom
- for a calm and non-tramatizing experience for our cat -- yes, I worry about her too

I'd also love prayers for our marriage in general. In a way, it seems like we're newlyweds again. Now that the comforts of res hall living are gone, we're trying to figure things out like adults and stand on our own two feet with all these changes. It will inevitably be stressful, and I just pray that we can laugh and smile through the stress and celebrate our 3 year anniversary next week with a renewed sense of happiness and comfort.

I'll be quiet these next few days, and my weekly baby post will have to wait, with weeks 25/26 promising pictures of our new house!

Oh, and don't forget to enter the Linkel Designs giveaway that ends Monday!

Oh, and I'm posting over at the Better Blogger Network talking about blog breaks! Check out some tips and tricks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!