30 August 2012

Vegetable Spaghetti

...or how I use up the vegetables in the fridge before they go bad.

I usually make this every week or week and a half. We shop at Aldi, and if you want a green pepper you have to buy a pack of three. Zucchinis come in packs of four. So what's a girl to do?

Throw it all in a pan and call it dinner!



I add each vegetable in batches, making sure to cook them for a few minutes before adding the next.

1. Saute onions, peppers, and garlic
2. Add tomatoes (fresh, canned, whatever) and zucchini (sometimes I add squash as well)
3. Add mushrooms
4. Add spaghetti sauce, leftover crushed tomatoes, whatever you have
5. Add things like oregano and basil (because I feel much for legit when I cook with spices)
6. Serve over pasta

I like to make a big batch of the sauce but just enough pasta for the two of us, because no matter what I do I cannot get my noodles to not stick and get gross. We can eat this through the week and I just make fresh pasta.

I'm not really a huge vegetable fan, but I love this. Plus, it cleans out the veggie drawer. Things go in here instead of going bad and heading to the garbage!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!