05 September 2012

31/32 Weeks


September is officially getting-ready-for-baby month. Kyle seems to think it's ok to put the finishing touches on the nursery after the baby gets here -- or at least not worry about getting it all done because the baby won't know. As my little pregnant melt-down in Home Depot illustrated to him, this is definitely NOT going to be the case. The nursery is just as much for the me as it is for Baby D and it will absolutely be ready for him when we bring him home, down to the last detail. My goal is to have everything done by October 1.

Are you laughing at me yet?

I know myself, and I know that I won't feel comfortable with our little one in his room unless things feel comfortable. So sorry daddy, you'll be busy this month!

I'm feeling good these days. Tired, big, stretched out, but good.

I had another OB appointment yesterday and things look and sound great. I believe "perfect" was the word my doctor used. I look perfect!

"My people will abide in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Kyle and I (along with the amazing help of our parents) have spent a long time getting our new home ready for our son. Making it cozy and warm. Filling it with love. Making it ours. I can't wait to bring him home.

***


It seems like yesterday that I saw that one little word that would change my life forever -- "pregnant." It seems like yesterday that your dad and I danced around the house, hugging and kissing and thanking the Lord for you. It seems like yesterday that I would run and show your dad the tiniest baby bump in the world and we would just smile knowing you were growing.

Well baby boy, we just have a few more weeks. There's no hiding my belly now. You're growing big and you want everyone to know it!

We're waiting for you, little one. Waiting patiently and joyfully.  We're learning how to prepare for your appearance and how to take care of you when we bring you home. We're getting our home ready and our hearts ready.

I love you. I loved you when you were a tiny little poppy seed, a little blinking smudge on the ultrasound screen. I loved you when you were just a flutter in my belly. I love you now that you're kicking (hard sometimes!) and squirming and hiccuping away. My heart is heavy with love for you, little one, from last February until forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!