11 April 2010

When the Students Go Home [Part 2]

In case you missed it, here's part 1 of the series.

This is the story of a chair...

In high school, I begged my dad to take me to a local thrift/junk store to buy a desk chair. I had a beautiful bedroom set growing up, but I thought it was a bit too perfect. I thought a pop of color brought in by a random piece of furniture would make it a bit cooler, because as a teenager, it was all about being cool.

I bought an old teacher chair, and of all the colors I could have chosen, I painted it bright, bright pink.


It followed me to college and then to graduate school. I wrote quite a few "A" papers at that chair. Then it made the move to our new home and has sat, in all its pink glory, in my office.

It is now going to be my craft table chair, but of course she needed a makeover.


Since the students were gone on spring break, I pulled it out back and primed it up.


Whoops, hopefully they mow the lawn soon.

The contrasting color for the craft table is Ohio Buckeye (how appropriate for an Ohio State Buckeye) so that's what I went with for the chair.


Doesn't she look so good with a fresh coat of paint? Just wait until you see the desk!

Check out my "parties" page for a list of blogs I post to.

And don't forget: The "saturday is crafty day" party is coming April 24th!




16 comments:

  1. :o An Ohio State Buckeye? I may love you! :P

    (Go Scarlett at the Spring Game!)

    :D

    The chair is really cute! It reminds me of my desk. I painted it completely purple. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing how one little chair can be so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great! :)

    lovin' your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness!!! someone should have taken the pink spray can away from you....young lady, step away from the can....it's a good thing you didn't get rid of it because it looks very nice now. Can't wait to see the desk, I'll be sitting here waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one way to get him to mow the yard- how clever of you ;-) I clicked your link from the Marketing Monday's over at the Treehouse- and I am following you now ;-) Happy Monday!! Hope you can stop by my place soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the paint color! I can't wait to see the desk!!

    Check out my new
    GIVEAWAY!!!

    ~Morgan

    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. I like the pink too! Hee! Hee! I just bought a mini version of that chair at a Home and Garden Show. So cute in Yellow! I use it to fix my girls hair each morning. I just might have to share it. You have inspired me. LOL Thanks for linking up at Trendy Treehouse. Looking forward to the desk.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. So talented, if you have crafts to sell, please come to Swap Shop and post the items for FREE
    http://cubits.org/tradersplace/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Laura.....I liked the chair....of course I'm terribly partial to pink but the new color is nice too. Good for you. Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see the desk! keep us updated

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I'm excited to see your desk! I love the history behind the chair. I don't think I have any furniture from my teenage years.

    Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see this in our Shutter Love Tuesday Link Party too! It's a Pink Theme. Come and join up! I just love that Pink Chair. But I love the new Brown look too! LOL

    http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/search/label/Shutter%20Love%20Tuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great! I feel like different colored chairs are such great props for taking pictures...
    We have a friday fun finds party that's still going- we'd love it if you'd link up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So THAT'S what happened to the pink chair! I was wondering.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!