09 October 2010

Festive Fall Garland

I've been slowly putting up a few decorations to celebrate fall. A few pumpkins here, a wreath there. I made a simple fall garland out of supplies I already had (the best kind of handmade!). 


1. I cut out a bunch of circles from scrapbook paper. I traced a drinking glass and cut out as many circles that would fit on a standard piece of scrapbook paper. I used double sided paper for even more prettiness!


2. I punched two holes in each circle to make big paper buttons.

3. I then strung them on my favorite crafty item, cotton string.

(we found this chair in the garbage already painted the perfect shade of red...who does that?)

How pretty, just in time for my favorite season!


 

15 comments:

  1. aw cute! i got a little pumpkin from a pumpkin patch this weekend for my art studio/bedroom - its going to be my kick start to my autumn decor. this post just gave me a second kick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are lovely!

    im your newest follower from Monday blog hop!

    hope you can stop by at http://shyvhen.blogspot.com and follow back =)

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura - Love the simplicity of your garland. Super cute! I'll be featuring this today! Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks so much for linking to The Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute paper and a fun cheap idea!

    I would love for you to link up to Scraptastic Saturday, if you want of course!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/2010/10/scraptastic-saturday_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I might just have to try this with my boys.

    I would like to invite you to Fantastic Frugal Fridays. It is a great place to link up your frugal posts and meet frugal friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such happy colors! I love this simple, happy garland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. completely adorable! I love streamers and garlands. very cute and creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea! This looks wonderful. If you get a chance, I'd love for you to link up to my party this weekend.

    whilehewasnapping.blogspot.com

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple and effective.. my favourite sort of craft!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura, I loved your garland SO much I copied it. Yours is so adorable that I wanted one too. And then I added it to my blog and totally gave you credit. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great idea, I love how it looks and it would be so fun for so many different occasions.

    I wanted to let you know that I love this party link and am planning on featuring it on my craft blog Polly Want a Crafter. On November 10th @ 12:30! Thanks
    Cassity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!