24 January 2011

What Inspires Ashley

I'm excited for you to "meet" my adopt-a-blog mentee, Ashley, from A Hasty Life! This is what inspires her.


Winter is my least favorite season, however, there are still things I LOVE about Winter that I can't get any other season! These are the things I focus on and keep me going until warmer days. Find yourself at a loss for inspiration? Turn to my "favorite things" and hopefully you'll be rejuvenated!

1. Brightly colored winter accessories (hot pink gloves, turquoise hats, orange scarves, green coats...ahem...like yours, Laura!)

2. A variety of Hot Chocolate concoctions. I love experimenting with different Hot Chocolate mixes. Perhaps I'll add some caramel, or peppermint, or peanut butter or a shot of Baileys if that's the kind of day I had. ;) Hot Chocolate just isn't the same in the warmer months! Oh, and my favorite on-the-go Hot chocolate? Starbuck's Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate!

3. Sitting by the fireplace...WITH THE FIRE GOING! What is more romantic than a crackling fire in the fireplace? Okay, so we have a gas fireplace and it doesn't really crackle...but still, the warmth on my toes still makes me smile!! I love curling up on the sofa (hot chocolate in hand) and toasting by the fireplace. Then, when I get too warm, I open the door and let the cool air come rushing in. (Don't tell my husband...) haha.

4. Soup and Chili. There is nothing like eating a steaming hot bowl of soup or chili on a cold day. Plus, my husband has the best chili recipe in the world. I'll have to share that on my blog before the end of winter. You'd love it. But tomato soup is so good on cold days...with grilled peanut butter! YUM!

5. Snuggling...with my husband and my puppies. They are both really good snugglers. Snuggling and watching a rented movie is even better! Especially if I can convince the husband to watch a chic flick..or a comedy...or some other feel-good movie. In fact, the BEST winter is spent doing ALL of the above! It would look something like this:

I would be dressed in brightly colored sweat pants, sweat shirt, and wool socks. My feet would be propped up on the coffee table as close to the fireplace as I could get them without setting my toes on fire. I'd have a hot chocolate in hand and a bowl of chili on the side table next to me. On the other side of me would be my husband and my littlest puppy, Truman (he's a better snuggler than the bigger dog, Wilson. Ah...maybe I don't dislike winter after all! :)



***



What inspires you?
During these next few weeks I'd love to feature you. What brings you warmth in the winter? What lights up your days during these dark months?

Interested in being featured?


Send me an e-mail with your post (html code preferred).
I hope to hear from you!




1 comment:

  1. oooh, I loved all your things that inspire you!!! We also have a gas fireplace...with matching leather recliners in front of it, I love to turn the chair so my toes almost touch the fireplace...it puts me to sleep almost everytime! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!