15 February 2011

Shops I Adore: Sunshine and Carousels

There are just so many gorgeous handmade shops out there that I want to start sharing some of my favorites with you. Those shops that catch my eye, make me happy, bring a smile to my face.
Simply, shops that I adore.

***


Erin's shop is full of whimsical, flowery, quirky pieces for women and brides-to-be that love color!

Her bridesmaids sets are just adorable!


Why didn't I know about this shop when I was planning a wedding!?

From shoe clips and headbands, to necklaces and brooches, Erin has it all.

 

Interview with Erin:

What is Sunshine and Carousels and how did you come up with the name?

I started to think of things that I love, things that reflect me. One of my favorite things in the world are the days when the temperature is perfect, soft breeze and the sky is perfectly sunny. I feel on these days I'm absolutely invincible. With the warm sunlight dancing on my face and the wind in my hair, I can do anything, be anything and it's the most motivating feeling in the world. So this is where the 'Sunshine' comes from. For the carousel...I've always loved carousels. When you go to a fair, zoo, carnival...wherever, the most beautiful thing at these events is the carousel. It's pretty, colorful and down right magical. That is exactly what I want to show you and what I want to exude from myself in my own day to day.

What inspires you to create?

My first love is fine arts, painting especially, it's not always realistic to paint every day but I do love to make and create with my hands. I'm inspired by life all around me and the little magic moments that make life better.

What can be found in your shop?

You can find handmade accessories such as headbands, brooches, belts and shoe clips. You will also find pretty statement pieces and whimsical jewelry.

What is one word that describes your work?

Magical.

Ok, if that first answer didn't absolutely inspire you and melt your heart, nothing will. I want to just run out and soak up the sunshine (too bad it's February).

Want more of sweet Erin? She blogs here www.sunshineandcarousels.blogspot.com.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the introduction her shop and blog are totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! The post looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pumped to go check out her shop and blog!
    Sunshine and Carousels are my two favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting and cute shop..
    thanks for sharing dear ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!