25 April 2012

Unending Blessings

We can get lost in counting the blessings that the Lord had given us. The big and the little. The seen and the unseen. The realized and the yet to come.


The number is huge and ever growing.

I've find God in knowing that I'm taken care of. 

...in knowing that I am provided for as one of his children.

...in knowing that I am an heir to the throne.

"For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God through faith." - Galatians 3:26

At first blush, and when I first heard this at church, I was taken aback by that, being a son of God through faith. In my usual not trusting in the words spoken to women in the bible, I was a little offended.

What about daughters?!

Of course in the time of the bible, daughters didn't gain much from their father's house. The family rested on the men, the heirs. The wealth and the name was passed along to them.



"If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise." - Galatians 3:29

Through Christ, we are set on the same level as the sons, the true heirs. By the suffering and dying of Jesus, we inherit the promise.


"...so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life." - Titus 3:7

In the blessings that my husband and I have been given, the spiritual gifts seen and unseen, in the family and friends, and in each other...we are provided for by the Lord. 

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I tend to focus on the negative, so a few months ago, I began writing in my journal 3 things I am grateful for every morning. It has totally changed my perspective. There are so many great things, the lord is so gracious!

    Elise
    ourdearestfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! What a wonderful post to open in my inbox today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great post! perfect, spoke right to my heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!