18 September 2012

33/34 Weeks

The smudge by my nose is telling me I need to clean the bathroom mirror!

Another two weeks down, 6 more weeks to go (give or take of course).

Kyle and I are getting more and more excited to meet this little man. I just can't wait to see what he looks like and tell him I love him and start to learn what it means to be his mommy.

I'm getting bigger and more uncomfortable as the days go by. Sleeping is getting more difficult. Lots of heartburn. Swollen legs and feet.

And it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

But it's oh so worth it!

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord." 1 Samuel 1: 27-28

When I look down at my belly or feel this baby move, I often think "wow God, you trust me with this!" And it's pretty amazing, too. This little baby is the product of so much love and prayer -- such proof of God's reward or joy over our lives.

***


Hi little man! Guess what? We graduated from baby class last week. So that means you can officially be born and we will know what to do. Well, maybe not exactly, but I'm sure glad we went to those classes. I kept telling daddy "you better remember this all because I'm going to forget everything once I have my first contraction!" 

We learned that when you're born you will know my scent and daddy's voice. Daddy says it's a good thing it's not the other way around. Get it? He's making a joke that he's stinky!

Daddy does that a lot. Make jokes. His very favorite thing in the whole world is making me laugh. I think that will soon be replaced by making you laugh. We are just going to melt the first time you let out a little tiny giggle. And trust me, if daddy does something to make you laugh, he will do it a million more times, just to get a smile! 

I think laughing together is me and your daddy's favorite thing to do. We promise that we're going to take being parents very seriously, but not too seriously. Life is just too fun to be serious all the time. We have to laugh sometimes, too.

Can't wait to laugh with you baby D! 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!