09 October 2012

37 Weeks

Full term this week! I packed my hospital bag last night, car seat goes in the car this week... I think we're ready.

This has been a hard week. Not bad, just uncomfortable. Super uncomfortable. Let's just say I don't think I'm glowing anymore.

I think the baby fears (having a baby and then having a baby--like having to take him home) have subsided a bit and are now replaced with excitement to meet this little guy and have him on the outside.

As we head into the final stretch, do you have any advice for this new momma? Things to take with me/things to leave at home. Questions to ask. Things to remember. What about those first couple of nights with a newborn?

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

I know I've shared that verse before, but in this season of change (unlike anything I can ever imagine), I need to hold fast to the one who is unchanging. The foundation that Kyle and I's marriage, our home, and our new little family is built on. 


***


Baby D, we're ready for you. Come any time you'd like.

It's going to be strange not calling you Baby D anymore. That's who you've been for nine months. But I'm sure I'll have all kinds of nicknames for you once you arrive. And of course you're actual name -- it's a good one!

I feel like I've said it all, little boy, in my little letters to you. Now the only thing left to do is bring you home and start our new life together. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!