10 October 2012

What's For Dinner


What did you have for dinner last night? What's for dinner tonight? I'd love to hear what you got cooking!

Gosh I love cookie dough! And No, I don't make these for dinner (although sometimes this is all I feel like eating lately). I used the recipe above, but stopped at the cookie dough part. I rolled them into balls and put them in the freezer on cookie sheets. Once they were hard, I stored them in foil in a storage container in the freezer. Yummy, cold snack! Note to self: You make these enough you should really know the recipe by heart now.

chicken salad
This recipe comes from my mother-in-law and it's the very best chicken salad I've ever had. 
2 10 oz. cans of chicken, drained
Lots of grapes, cut up (green or red are both tasty)
1/2-2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
2 Tbs ranch seasoning/dressing mix
mayonaise to taste -- not too much!
We put it on hamburger buns. Oh my gosh I want this right now! Note to self: keep ingredients on hand for a super quick lunch.

*I'm sorry, but I don't know the original source.* This was just ok. Potatoes weren't cooked enough, chicken was a little dry, green beans were mushy (I used frozen). Maybe I'd make it again. It sure was easy enough. Note to self: boil potatoes a bit before making, use canned green beans and maybe add them a little bit later after the chicken and potatoes have been cooking.

*Feel free to link any favorite recipes in the comments. I'd love to try them!*

photo credit



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!