11 October 2012

Knowing Who I Want to Be

I was so inspired by Amanda's (Royal Daughter Designs'post last week. I'm pretty sure I could just copy each sweet, sweet word and call it my own (not because I do that sort of thing, but because it so resonated with me).

She talked about the desire to be bigger and better in the blog world. To do more and be more. But then she said it...
"And I realized, I don't want to be innovative. I want to be faithful. I don't want to be different. I want to be faithful."
Those words just went straight to my heart and answered a question that I've been wrestling with for a long time.

In this big, 'ole blog world, who am I and what do I want to be?

And to use Amanda's words, I want to be faithful.

photo credit

As I shared on Twitter a few days ago, I'm not a dreamer. Far from it. My strengths are pretty practical and tangible. Although I enjoy brainstorming with others and asking big questions, very rarely can I turn the tables and ask those questions of myself and the projects I love. I focus my time on organization and arranging things to work most efficiently. I'm loyal and responsible and spend my time thinking about concrete ideas and how to get them done.

But there is a strength that stands out -- I've taken the inventory a few times and it's the one strength that's stood the test of time.

Belief.
People especially talented in the Belief theme have certain core values that are unchanging. Out of these values emerges a defined purpose for their life. source
That's who I am and who I want to be. Someone who's core values are unchanging. Who's values define the purpose of her life. Faithful. Committed. Believing.

To quote an Avett Brothers' song:
"I just want my life to be true
just want my heart to be true
just want my words to be true"

There's nothing more that I could ask for.

When I feel the desire for more followers, for more pins and popularity, to grow my blog for the wrong reasons, I pray that I can bring Him into this more closely. Lord, use me (every little bit that I have) to do what you have planned for me. Use it up until there's nothing left. I'm along for this ride you are leading me on... and what a glorious ride it is!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!