24 October 2012

A Room of His Own

Sam's nursery was a definite labor of love. I wanted to create a space that was bright and cheery, comfortable and cozy. Now that our little boy is here, sitting with him in the nursery is a dream come true.


The couch wasn't part of the initial design, but I found that this love seat (originally in our sunroom) was the perfect spot to nurse so we moved it in. Also, Jupiter loves the nursery and I'm pretty sure she loves Sam!


When the sun is shining in, the cat sitting next to us, baby Sam in my arms. It's perfection.


Details:
dinosaur prints from Niko and Lilly
stegosaurus wall hanging from Slippin' Southern
"do small things" print from Pen and Paint
book (art) ledges, book case, silver frames, and silver rail (over the changing table) from Ikea
cross stitch patterns from Charlotte Alexander, stitched by me
mini wooden dinosaur toys from Banished
curtains made by me
quilt (my absolute favorite part of the room, besides it's sweet owner) made by a dear friend




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!