30 October 2012

The Little Things

Today is Sam's due date, but he had other plans. He's almost two and a half weeks and we're slowly settling into our new life together.

As I shared earlier, these last few days have not been easy. But, praise the Lord, He keeps giving us the confidence and courage to be the best parents we can be to baby Sam.

In this new season of my life, I am finding joy and grace in the little victories with our little man.


Today I am grateful:
- for Sam's first bath, even though he didn't like it very much
- when Sam sneezes and/or burbs and no milk comes out
- when we're down on our poopy diaper count and he comes through right when I ask him to
- for his little baby smiles, even though they are probably just gas
- for successful breastfeeding sessions, however painful they still are
- for learning how to do things one handed so I don't have to put down my little boy
- for being able to laugh at myself as I learn how to be his momma

Samuel Noel, you have no idea how much happiness you bring to my life.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!