04 January 2013

Newly Purposed

Yesterday was a hard one.

For the past few days, Sam has been super cranky. He doesn't want to swing, he doesn't want to play. He is such a tired boy, but he really doesn't want to nap.

Wednesday was Kyle's first day back at work after the holiday. Wednesday was bad too, but I mustered lots of patience that day.

Yesterday my patience had run out.

There was a point where I put him in his swing while he wailed, big baby tears rolling down his face. I had to sit on the couch for a minute, tears rolling down my face as well. Lord, I said, give me strength to find the joy in this new season during the worst of baby days.

I felt Him remind me of my new role, a role he created me for, a role he has been preparing me for my whole life.

My beautiful cousin Jana has a beautiful blog, Jana's Three Dresses, where she signs each of her posts "newly purposed." That phrase has been on my heart lately and I thank Jana for the insight she is sharing on being newly purposed in the Lord.

I am newly purposed. My life looks different now. In some ways it is harder. Living it out now for someone else.

I drink more coffee than ever before.

But in all ways my life is more joyful, even during the most difficult days. In all ways my days are more full as I watch my son grow, learn, smile, try to roll over.

I am newly purposed as a mother to the cutest little boy in the world.

Photobucket


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Newly purposed is a great way to think about ... that term resonates with me as well. Hang in there ... you are doing the most important job of all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great perspective. There are a lot of rough moments and days. And then there are those times where my heart feels so much joy and gratitude. Keep up the great work with your little cutie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!