05 October 2010

Blog Swap with Envy My Cooking

Hi Were Jenny & Karla from envymycooking.blogspot.com. We are both stay at home moms with two children each. Our girls are both 2 and both our boys are about a year old....very fun. Hope you find something yummy to share with your family. Leave a comment to let us know you stopped by or e mail us your favorite recipe!


3 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup green salsa (salsa Verde)-I used this salsa instead
1 Tbs. lime juice
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
3 Tbs. chopped cilantro
2 Tbs. sliced green onions
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup grated pepper-jack cheese
12-16 small tortillas
kosher salt

*Heat cream cheese in microwave for 20 seconds so it's soft. Add salsa, lime juice, and spices. Mix well, then add cilantro and green onions. Add chicken and cheese and mix well. Place 2-3 Tbs. of chicken mixture down middle of tortilla. I used small flour tortillas. Roll up tightly and place seam-side down on greased cookie sheet. Make sure the taquitos are not touching each other. Spray tops lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle a little kosher salt on top. Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees.

This is my new favorite meal! I poured the green salsa over mine with sour cream..I love that stuff.. It would have been better with rice but i didn't have time for that! It was still very yummy though!

Thanks for having us and please check out our great giveaway going on now... Click HERE.

*I'm posting today over at Envy My Cooking. Come say hi!*

*And don't forget to enter this week's giveaway!*

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is it looks delicious! I will have to try this one out for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!