15 December 2011

On Journaling: There's Got To Be Another Way

Not the wordy type? 

No worries!

There are lots of other ways to keep a journal with little to know writing at all!

A journey is simply a way of telling your story. No matter the medium, no matter the format. Just your story, shared, eternal.

***

I have become increasingly fascinated with Art Journaling and would really love to add try this in the new year.

Balzer Designs has some great tips and advice on how to get started (here). She posts a series called "Art Journal Every Day" where she offers strategies and stories of others keeping art journals (here). She offers a weekly plan (here) and even Art Journal Week (here).


I find constant inspiration at A Little Imagination and a Pile of Junk. It's amazing what she can do with a blank notebook!


Ashley at Little Blue Boo is a very talented artist and avid art journaler. You can see how to make your own here. You can find her journal series here.


***

Other ways to journal?

Try a perpetual calendar journal [tutorial found here]


Try a journal jar to keep all your memories or secrets [found here]


Wine cork journaling anyone? [found here]


Keep a design journal [found here]


What other ways to you journal?

I wanted to let you know about the final installment of my journal series. After all the stories are shared and tips are posted, we will be journaling together!


Each morning in January a new prompt will pop up. Grab your pens ladies! We're journaling through January!

p.s. thanks to Sara from Sweet November for my adorable journaling button!

***
Check out the other entries in the On Journaling series.


9 comments:

  1. really love this! i've always been fascinated with art journaling, too...but haven't ever really done it. maybe in 2012?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i journal nearly every day. i write. i want to leave behind my written words/thoughts/etc. for my family and children. and for myself to reflect upon from time to time. but i love the thoughts of adding other types of media. i especially love the idea of writing down moments and placing in a jar to revisit. i think i may start this with my kiddos during our {highs and lows} time at dinner. we can write the high of our day on paper and save for a fun activity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these journaling ideas, Laura! Thanks for sharing and I'm pretty excited for your prompts next month :) I have to admit I used to be GREAT about keeping a journal, but it's fallen by the wayside over the years. I feel so encouraged by your series though-- thank you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wine cork idea is genius! We have a mason jar filled with them, but it would be so much better if each one had a memory written on it. *love*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the alternative ideas! I have enjoyed your journaling series. It has inspired me to get more serious about it. I have a journal that I like to write prayers to God in, then I can go back and write how God has answered them, it's so awesome to go back and see how God has worked in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea, I started a journal for my son but have neglected it. I need to start doing it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love so many of these ideas. I hope to start an art journal soon! I also want to start the notecard one...where I write down something on a notecard everyday...even if its just a memory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love all of these ideas! My favorite was the Perpetual Calendar Journal. I have every intention of journaling, but since I blog, I feel like I'll just end up repeating myself.
    I like the little tidbits to life approach. Thanks for sharing these ideas!
    www.potholesandpantyhose.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought a perpetual calendar from a cute little etsy shop and am so looking forward to starting it Jan 1st! I am also looking forward to your jornaling series! I have been quite the absent blogger and will now go back through and check them all out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!