05 June 2012

19 Weeks


Things have been great this week. Enjoying my time with baby D and my growing bell...and my fancy pants with the stretchy waist. I could get used to these you know.

I have definitely been feeling the baby move a lot more these days. Lots of rolling around and what I think are super tiny kicks. At night they are the strongest. It seems that when I'm ready for bed, baby D is waking up, or at least trying to get comfy.

They have been the best feelings. To know that the baby is moving and growing and that this is really real.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how our life will change when the baby comes. How everything will be so different when we have a child. But you know, I think there will be a lot that won't change. Yes I'll finally be a morning person (not by choice mind you) and our social life might look a little different than it has pre-baby. But Kyle and I love each other and love this little one so much. That won't ever change. It will only grow.

Yes, our family will look different. But it will be better.

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

That also won't change. Our desire as a family to serve and seek the Lord. To grow and live in His likeness. To turn towards Him and never, ever look away. That's not going anywhere.

***


Today we celebrate 19 weeks, baby D! You are growing bigger by the day and I think my heart grows bigger with you. It's growing to let more and more love in, love for you. It's growing to allow more experiences to take root and to foster new maturity and a new purpose, being your mommy.

So I know I've talked about teaching you things-- like how to ride a bike or blow bubbles. And those things are fun. But you know what I'm most excited to teach you? I can't wait to teach you about God. You have a dad. But you also have a your big Dad, a creator. The one who loves you without beginning or end, without condition or limitation. The one who knows you. And the one who gave you to me and your daddy to watch over and to care for until you are called home to Him.

Now I know that God is a big concept. He can be complicated at times, and a lot to take in. But He's also simple. Simply joyful, forgiving, patient, grace-giving, and more in love with you than I could ever understand.

That's a lot of love!

I'm excited to tell you stories about His people. Stories of triumph and trust. And we will sing songs and praise Him and thank Him for the blessings in our lives.

I sing a song in my heart every day as you are one of the most amazing blessings. Truly. You and your dad are my greatest gifts from God.

Gosh baby D, you'll be here before we know it. And I'll be ready. Ready with a crib and diapers and that little thing that warms up the wipes. But I'll also be ready in my heart because the Lord is preparing me every day. He has been preparing me to be a mommy my whole life. And now I just have to be patient and wait for the fulfillment of that new purpose, you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!