13 July 2012

Friday Coffee Date

I'm joining Rags to Stitches for my first ever coffee date.

tea and TV and my new pretty mug

Today's a big day for me. Today's my last day of work. If we were meeting for coffee I would tell you how bittersweet this is. I've so enjoyed my job for the past three years. It's rewarding, challenging, satisfying, but it's also hard. Really hard. I'm so thankful for the opportunities I've had and the skills I've gained, but all I can think about is waking up Saturday morning as a full-time wife and mother. I'm ready for this new chapter in our life.

Once we chatted about all of that, I would complain a bit how difficult this past week has been with this little baby. It's not his fault. It's mine. I'm letting my worrying and racing mind get the best of me.  I'd love some prayer for this (continued prayer I should say- worrying is not new to me, and no matter how much I try to give it to God, I find myself back in this place).

My worry combined with some anxiety about our upcoming move -- I'm so glad it's Friday!

And if I don't have enough to think about, I took my computer into the Mac store because it was being really slow. I expected to tell them it was an easy fix, a few taps of the keyboard and it would be all better. Instead he looked at me and said "your hard drive is failing." I just about lost it. I didn't know what to do, I panicked, and just picked up my laptop and ran out of there. Luckily my rational husband had me turn around and get back in the car and took me to turn it over to the Mac men and get a new hard drive. She's back and faster then ever. Hopefully I'm a better real momma than Mac momma.

What do yo have planned this weekend? We're trying to soak up as much friend time before we pack up the truck and head to our new home on Wednesday!

Praying that you have a restful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!