16 August 2012

Eternal, Unfading Beauty and Wearing God's Armor

A few things to know: I say "happy Friday," shot the video on a Tuesday, and am posting it on Thursday. [I'm co-hosting the Pinterest with Aimee tomorrow, so I needed to post my Rags to Stitches coffee chat video a bit early.]

Gosh I'm nervous to post this. I feel super vulnerable sharing a video, and even more anxious about the topic.

But here goes nothing...

What We Wear from Laura Denlinger on Vimeo.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything to stand."
Ephesians 6:10-20

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great work in God's sight."
1 Peter 3:3-4

Read the Sashes to the Merchants post I referenced here.

*Adding my Thursday afternoon commentary after watching the video again*

It's funny, the first thing I think when I watch that is how horrible I look. Gosh, did I learn nothing from my own video? This stuff is hard. Do you struggle like I do?

Boy, I still hope you like me after that. In thinking about this topic, I tried so hard to make a distinction between caring about how we look and what we wear and that being perfectly wonderful and normal and caring too much about those things that we forget our eternal purpose and the clothes we are called to wear, clothes of a much higher and meaningful purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!