06 February 2013

Winter Wear

Winter in North Carolina sure has been a confusing one. I'm used to snow and snow and ice and cold and wearing boots and my parka.

Here, I wore my parka once and just about sweat to death.

Yesterday, February 5, I didn't wear socks with my shoes.

Although I'm definitely not complaining about the warmer weather, but I kind of miss winter wear. Those big cuddly sweaters, scarfs, socks.

Here are some of my favorite winter picks from the beautiful Houghton Country.




Fun fact: Gilet is a sleeveless jacket resembling a waistcoat or blouse. Currently, a gilet is a sleeveless jacket or vest. They may be waist- to knee-length, and are typically straight-sided rather than fitted. However, historically, they were fitted and embroidered.  [wikipedia]

What is your favorite thing to wear in the winter?

This post brought to you by Houghton County.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I adore that last vest. I clicked over but it appears it's not a US company?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!