We've been in our new home since July. Guess it's about time to show you around the place!
Let's start in heart of our house, the living/dining room.
I'm not sure how you would categorize our home's style. My mother-in-law says it's old-fashioned, which it is. I call our style cozy eclectic. We have a lot of antiques/old stuff and things that have come from thrift stores or found on the side of the road. We also have a lot of yellow. I love yellow.
Some stories of our stuff:
- The big white "d" was found in the trash in one of my residence halls (back when I ran them and all). It was taken to football games accompanied with a wooden fence.
- The two windows in the first pictures are about 100 years old and were taken out of a building in Kyle's hometown. We won't let Sam lick them anytime soon.
- Kyle made the trunk/coffee table and it weighs about a 100 million pounds.
- The framed artwork (the trees, shoes, etc.) are from an antique dictionary.
- The black "d" was from the True Value Hardware that Kyle worked at in high school. They threw away all the letters when they got a new sign (and Kyle only took one letter, how sad).
- The bottles were found at a Habitat for Humanity dig site that a friend and I did in high school.
- The painting in the last picture is my favorite! I bought it at the Habitat Resale Store and had plans to paint over it. But I fell in love once I brought it home.
- We have 10 "d's" in these two rooms.
- Yes, I have two gum ball machines.
Thanks for stopping by. Next week I'll share more of the home!