17 October 2014

Happy Birthday My Little Human


Dear Samuel,

I can't believe you're already two! Boy, that sure happened fast.

I remember finding out about you. Hearing your little heartbeat. Watching you grow. And then welcoming you home. Spending your first year together.And then heading back to work full time, missing you every day.

It's been a hard two years. I don't have to tell you that not every moment of parenthood is a picnic.

But even when it's hard, it's usually better than I could have every imagined.

Two years ago you were a teeny tiny bundle, crying and eating and not much more.

Now you're running up and down the hall, talking up a storm, and being super silly. You're all like "look at me, I've got underpants on my head."

You're basically the silliest, funniest, cutest, wildest, most wonderful kid I know.

I love you, Sam. I love watching you grow and change. And I love seeing how you change me for the better. There are parts of my heart I didn't even know existed until I had you.

You're a gift. Even when you poop in the tub and throw it at me like a monkey at the zoo. You're a gift. And I cherish you.

Love, Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!